Safety First, First In Safety
Playing It Safe Is Serious Business At Woodplay
Playground safety is nothing to kid about—your family’s well-being is the most important consideration when choosing a wooden playset. Woodplay has a long history as the leader in playground equipment safety—including introducing features that are industry standards. We’e proud to serve on the board of ASTM International, a respected standards organization whose guidelines for product materials and testing are recognized globally as an assurance of quality and safety.
Redwood Is CPSC Recommended
Woodplay: Making Sure You’re Safe At Home
- Redwood has exceptional strength for heavy-duty use and kids of all sizes (even Dad).
- We plane each board twice, then round and sand the edges to make doubly sure surfaces are smooth and safe to the touch.
- We recess and cover bolt ends with acorn caps for added safety.
- Adjustable A-Frame design allows level placement in your yard, despite uneven or irregular ground.
- Notched Angle Braces with wood-on-wood design reduces the load on hardware and adds structural support. This original Woodplay feature is now an industry standard.
- Heavy-Duty Galvanized Hardware is commercial grade for amazing strength and longevity.
- Strongest Joints. Triple-joint construction and more through-bolts ensure a rock-solid feel for superior safety and structural integrity, which also means less maintenance.
- Bigger Beams. We begin with hand-selected, premium timbers that are sawn to be free of "heart center." This promotes stability and reduces warping, twisting, or cracking. We mill our own timbers to be bigger and stronger. Woodplay beams measure up to true construction grade dimensions—we never whittle them down.
- Safest. Safest ladder rungs exemplify our commitment to safety from head to toe. Non-slip flat steel safety rungs provide more surface area for sure-footed fun and are easy for little hands to grip. Non-skid coating enhances safety when rain or dew are present.
Redwood: Strongest For The Longest
Woodplay constructs its playsets almost exclusively (approximately 95 percent) from sustainable redwood. What makes this beautiful wood best for outdoor playsets? It is strong, dimensionally stable, and resistant to both insects and deterioration. And the exceptional strength of the wood we use makes Woodplay structures safe for heavy-duty use and kids of all sizes (even Dad). Your Woodplay playset will be enjoyed for years to come.
Swing Set Safety Tips
For additional safety tips for playsets, see our safety list of "Seven Tips for Keeping Your Playground Safe".
Best Wooden Swing Sets: For All the Best Reasons
- From the First, Built to LastFrom the First, Built to Last
- The Strength of RedwoodThe Strength of Redwood
- Sustainability in Tune with NatureSustainability in Tune with Nature
- Safety First, First in SafetySafety First, First in Safety
- "No Kidding" Guarantee"No Kidding" Guarantee
- Trusted, Expert InstallationTrusted, Expert Installation
- Level Best & Best AdaptabilityLevel Best & Best Adaptability
- Compare & Be AwareCompare & Be Aware